Teaching is adapted to the level of each student, from absolute beginners
Classes are taught in French and English.
comes from the fact that our art classes are made up of small numbers,
allowing everyone to have individual attention. (The number of students
is limited to
Step by step instruction and teaching suited to your needs.
of drawing and painting, based on traditional techniques of observation
and reproduction from real life.
The study of landscape and architecture in drawing or painting ;
LEARN TO SEE ; developping observation and imagination ; three
dimensional drawing ; looking at atmosphere, values, tone, light,
We try to develop the student's creativity while respecting his own personality.
Self-discovery through nature and creation.
We give particular attention to the following :
Composition : the real structure of the painting :
- the rules and exceptions
- the organisation of space on the canvas
- both traditional and modern styles
- the symbolism of the compostion
- its role in old and modern compositions
- the different techniques used to draw correctly :
- proportions measurements
- line intensity
- value, shading, light
- Working on color :
- mixing the colors
- tone and contrast
- the different types of harmonies, based on quality or quantity :
- and other
- echoes in art history and symbolism
3rd dimension :
- notions of perspective
- how to render depth, through drawing or color (aerial perspective)
Realistic renderings :
- the atmosphere (real or invented)
- materials' textures (stone, glass, metal, velvet, skin, etc.)
- the sky (shading, various clouds, sunset, etc.)
- the water (movement and reflections)
We will help you create pieces of work using various techniques :
Pen and ink
(Oils are not recommended in this workshop because they take too long
to dry off. If you would like to paint with oils, we recommend the
Painting Workshop in a Loire Valley Château.)
Enjoying a great vacation in pleasant company, discovering Paris. (Considering
that students come from all over the world, the workshop is
also a great cultural experience)
Bringing back home more than a postcard or pictures : a very personal image, filled
with one's own personality.
We have 35 years experience in teaching and organising painting workshops.
My time in Paris
gave me new vision and impetus to further my creative pursuits. In a
city so beautiful and full of art, your course was vital in giving me
direction, enabling me to select and compose suitable but challenging
subjects. I am already applying my new skills back home.
Jim, MA, USA