Paint and visit Paris
The Paris-Cityscape Art Workshop is an ideal artistic immersion in Paris, where one discovers
the various aspects of the city, thanks to a different program every day
(gardens ; bridges over the river Seine ; markets ; gothic, classical and modern
architecture ; fountains ; etc.)
and has also time to get to know the other participants. Don't we keep
the record of our dearest trips thanks to the friends we got to know ?
This workshop combines outdoor art classes with Paris walks and museum tours.
Morning : Art class
Our painting takes us to the most beautiful sites of Paris. We visit a
different location each day.
All the painting and drawing is done outdoors, en plein-air, in the streets
and parks of Paris, taking into consideration the suitability of the area
for working in.
The program has also been carefully studied to take into account possible
rain. We have covered places reserved, from where we can draw, all of
which have been chosen with care for their beautiful views of picturesque
sites and monuments, or for their subject such as the rich interiors of
churches or museums.
Afternoon : in addition to the morning art classes, we propose you a program of tours of the cultural and artistic Paris with some breaks for sketching
The visits' goals are directly linked to the program of the morning classes. They include guided tours in English of :
- the Louvre or the Orsay museum,
- the artistically significant areas and monuments of Paris, like Montmartre, the artists' borough ; Le Marais and his old town houses ; the Latin Quarter's art galleries ; the Luxembourg ; Notre-Dame ; Les Tuileries garden, the Palais Royal and the history of the Louvre, etc.
The guide is either the art teacher himself, or an experienced docent who will explain you the art works displayed in the museums and convey his passion for the city's architecture and history.
Example of daily schedule :
- Meeting at 10 A.M. for the morning art session (say at Notre-Dame de Paris Cathedral)
- Drawing or painting until 12.30 A.M.
- End of the morning art session.
We can have lunch all together in a restaurant of the area, or you can then go back to your hotel and leave your art supplies, have lunch and rest a little.
- For those who chose to attend the afternoon tours : Meeting at 5 P.M. (say at the Louvre).
- Touring until 19.30 PM
- End of the daily program
Students hosted in our hotel will be lead or driven to the painting spots and tours meeting points, and lead or driven back to the hotel if they wish.
You will be provided with a detailed schedule on the first day, including a map of
Paris showing all the daily meeting spots and the easiest means of transportation
to get to them. We will also recommend
the best restaurants and give you ideas for going out in Paris in the
The program sets breaks aside on purpose, avoids the hottest hours of the day, and combines as much variety as possible, in the painting motives and in the cultural visits focuses.
Paris Workshop Dates in
From Monday, May 9 to Saturday, May 14 Register
From Monday, May 16 to Saturday, May 21 Register
From Monday, July 18 to Saturday, July 23 Register
From Monday, July 25 to Saturday, July 30 Register
From Monday, August 15 to Saturday, August 20 Register
From Monday, September 26 to Saturday, October 1st Register
When a workshop is full, "FULL" appears next to the workshop date. If you do not see any indication, this means that places are still available and you can register.
One can combine these dates with the ones available at the Workshop in a château of the Loire valley (in this case, please send two registration forms and two deposits,
for each workshop separately).
Morning Art Class : 10 a.m. – 12.30 a.m.
Afternoon Paris Visit : 5 p.m. – 7.30 p.m.
It is possible to attend the art classes only.
Wednesday afternoon is free, to meet friends, relax or discover other parts of the city on your own.
The workshop finishes on Saturday at 1 p.m.
Accommodation and transportation
- Hotel for 7 nights in a completely renovated small luxury family operated hotel in the heart of the Latin Quarter, at walking distance of several painting spots. Arrival on Sunday (on the eve of the beginning of the course) and checking out on the next Sunday.
- Breakfast included in the lovely breakfast room.
- Transportation from and to the airport. Details provided upon registration.
- You will also be accompanied to the painting spots everyday, and back to the hotel, by car, or on foot if they're at walking distance - so that you are sure that you will never get lost, even if you are terrible at reading maps and finding directions !
- Living in the same hotel with the other students is also a good way to make friends. You can then get together and explore Paris by your own means during the free time.
If you would rather book a hotel on your own, and meet us directly on the spot everyday, we recommend choosing a hotel in districts (arrondissements) nr. 1, 3, 4, 5 or 6 - i.e. the very center of Paris. You can find hotels on www.booking.com and apartment rentals on www.airbnb.com. Do not rent outside Paris.
Morning art class : having trouble measuring ?
Notre-Dame with acrylics
Sketching from the Arts' Bridge
Guided tour in the Louvre
A room of our hotel